Join Dr. Karen Wyatt, the host of Death Expo, in this conversation with emeregency room physician Dr. Monica Williams-Murphy, author of the award-winning book It’s OK to Die. They will discuss Dr. Williams-Murphy’s mission “to create conditions in which people: plan ahead, make their peace, understand that it is OK to die naturally, and make educated choices which allow them to pass away peacefully and comfortably surrounded by those who love them most.”
In this interview you will learn:
- the tragic consequences of being unprepared for the end-of-life
- the factors that have contributed to our cultural change in attitude toward death and dying
- how to prepare for the death of a loved one – understanding the physical changes associated with dying
- how to make peace with death and let go at the end-of-life
- what doctors need to know in order to offer better care at the end-of-life
Support this podcast and End-of-Life University Interview Series by donating at Patreon.com/eolu!