In honor of the Medical Aid in Dying Law that passed in the state of Colorado in November, Dr. Karen Wyatt features a interview with special guest Arline Hinckley, Secretary of the Board and Client Support Volunteer for Compassion and Choices of Washington. They will discuss the Death With Dignity laws that are currently in effect in Washington and Oregon and under consideration in several other states across the country.
You will learn:
- Why physician assisted “suicide” is not considered an accurate term
- The end-of-life options offered to patients during a consultation with Compassion and Choices
- The process patients must follow to utilize the Death With Dignity law
- The statistics for Washington: how many people actually seek assistance with dying and how many follow through
- How Death With Dignity laws can offer peace and reassurance to dying patients
Until next week remember that you can support this podcast by going to Patreon.com/eolu to contribute $1 or $2 per month AND …
Face Your Fears. BE Ready. Love Your Life.