The story of my long journey of healing after my father’s suicide death – told in a series of 8 episodes.
Part 2: The Funeral
If you are currently experiencing a crisis or feeling hopeless please know that you are not alone. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline for free and confidential support available 24/7 for people in distress:
or Text HELLO to 741-741.
This episode consists of:
- My father’s funeral
- The surprising number of visitors who attended the funeral
- Stories of my father that were shared after his death
- Information about suicide and men facing retirement
- Guilt and grief felt by suicide survivors
- My encounter with a meadowlark at my father’s graveside
- An excerpt from the song “Scary Monster” by Gia (my daughter who was present at the graveside as an infant)
- A message of hope for those grieving a suicide and for anyone who might be considering suicide at this time:
Please don’t give up. There is light in the darkness, there is love for you, there is grace. I have survived and I am here to spread hope.
Please call 1-800-273-8255 for help if you are thinking about suicide.
Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/end-of-life-university/id1033282990