The story of my long journey of healing after my father’s suicide death – told in a series of 8 episodes.
Part 3: Tough Times
If you are currently experiencing a crisis or feeling hopeless please know that you are not alone. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline for free and confidential support available 24/7 for people in distress:
or Text HELLO to 741-741.
This episode consists of:
- The stigma attached to suicide
- When friends fail to offer support after a suicide death
- Financial stress as a factor for suicide in older men
- Why helping doesn’t always require words
- The song “Without You” by Gia
- A message of hope for those grieving a suicide and for anyone who might be considering suicide at this time:
Please don’t give up. There is light in the darkness, there is love for you, there is grace. I have survived and I am here to spread hope.
Please call 1-800-273-8255 for help if you are thinking about suicide.
Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/end-of-life-university/id1033282990