The story of my long journey of healing after my father’s suicide death – told in a series of 8 episodes.
Part 8: The Fire Ceremony
If you are currently experiencing a crisis or feeling hopeless please know that you are not alone. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline for free and confidential support available 24/7 for people in distress:
or Text HELLO to 741-741.
This episode consists of:
- What I’ve learned about my Dad through my investigations
- The “Tapestry Dream” that changed how I saw everything in my life
- The hard lessons I learned through hospice work
- How I recognized that Dad had been my silent partner through all of my grief journey including writing the book What Really Matters
- The Fire Ceremony: A ritual for healing my Dad’s trauma and my own
- The song The Sun is Shining for You by Gia (used by permission)
- Closing comments about this podcast and farewell
- A message of hope for those grieving a suicide and for anyone who might be considering suicide at this time:
Please don’t give up. There is light in the darkness, there is love for you, there is grace. I have survived and I am here to spread hope.
Highest blessings and deepest love to you!
Please call 1-800-273-8255 for help if you are thinking about suicide.
Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/end-of-life-university/id1033282990