Learn how a death doula started a business coaching doctors to address end-of-life issues with their patients.
My guest Rachel Giger is a death doula and hospice volunteer who responded to a need in her community by offering to teach local doctors how to talk about death with their patients. She now has physician clients from around the country who are eager to learn how to help their patients deal with the end of life. Learn more at her website:
This episode includes:
- How Rachel got inspired to start coaching doctors about end-of-life issues
- What’s missing in end-of-life care in the hospital
- Why being a hospice volunteer is a great way to start learning about dying and death
- Why seeing death as a failure is both a motivator and an inhibitor for doctors
- How coaching helps people reach a new level of awareness
- How a coach can function as a background support person for those working on the front lines of healthcare
- Being able to talk about death helps prevent burnout in healthcare
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Rachel’s website
- Spiritual Journeys in Chronic Illness Course
- Beautiful Dying Expo – Nov. 2-3, 2019 – San Diego CA
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the new EOLU mug (only Patrons can purchase it)!