In this 4-part series of solo episodes I’m sharing wisdom about the intertwining of life and death in a perfect dance that spirals throughout eternity. Today I talk about timing, which is one of the essential components of any dance! These thoughts are derived from my book What Really Matters: 7 Lessons for Living from the Stories of the Dying.
Join me for the Art of Dying Author Series on September 6th at the Open Center in New York City. I’ll be discussing What Really Matters and signing books! Learn more here.
Also check out my workshop September 7th: Earth Lessons for the Soul here
Life and Death, two partners holding one another closely, swaying eternally to the music of the Universe.
– Karen Wyatt MD from What Really Matters
This episode includes:
- Rainer Maria Rilke’s letters to the bereaved
- Why death and life are locked in an inseparable dance
- How we learn slowly about death through life’s experiences
- How to cope with the unique timing of life’s events when it doesn’t fit our hopes and expectations
- Why even our mistakes and failures turn out to be perfect
We must live in both, be intimately at home in both [life and death.]
– Rainer Maria Rilke, from The Dark Interval
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Get the book: The Dark Interval: Letters on Loss, Grief, and Transformation by Rainer Maria Rilke; translated and edited by Ulrich Baer
- Art of Dying Author Series with Karen Wyatt MD – September 6, 2019 – Open Center, NYC
- Workshop: Earth Lessons for the Soul – September 7, 2019 – Open Center, NY
- Beautiful Dying Expo – November 2-3, 2019, San Diego CA
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it)
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on Patreon.com/eolu, especially my new patrons, Michelle Wilkinson and Sandy Lemen–your contributions mean everything to me!