The story of my long journey of healing after my father’s suicide death – told in a series of 8 episodes.
Part 1: The Phone Call
If you are currently experiencing a crisis or feeling hopeless please know that you are not alone. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline for free and confidential support available 24/7 for people in distress:
or Text HELLO to 741-741.
This episode consists of:
- Introduction to the podcast
- The day I learned of my father’s death
- The shock and grief experienced by the survivors of a suicide death
- Statistics about suicide in the U.S.
- A blessing by John O’donahue “FOR THE FAMILY AND FRIENDS OF A SUICIDE” (Click the link to download the blessing.)
- A message of hope for those grieving a suicide and for anyone who might be considering suicide at this time:
Please don’t give up. There is light in the darkness, there is love for you, there is grace. I have survived and I am here to spread hope.
Please call 1-800-273-8255 for help if you are thinking about suicide.
Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/end-of-life-university/id1033282990