Learn how to cultivate grace in both life and death.
In this 4-part series of solo episodes I’m sharing wisdom about the intertwining of life and death in a perfect dance that spirals throughout eternity. Today I talk about grace, which is an essential element of any dance. Learn how the many different of meanings of grace apply to both life and death and discover a daily practice that can help us prepare for the end of life with ease and dignity. These thoughts are derived from my book: What Really Matters: 7 Lessons for Living from the Stories of the Dying.
Get the handout here:
This episode includes:
- The many definitions of “grace”
- That grace is always given freely, not earned or deserved
- How grace “finds us” during our darkest times of brokenness
- Forgiveness as an act of grace
- How I want to live and die with grace and gentleness
- A daily practice to cultivate grace:
- G – Gratitude
- R – Release
- A – Awareness
- C – Compassion
- E – Equanimity
I do not understand the mystery of grace – only that it meets us where we are and does not leave us where it found us.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- The Dance of Life and Death: Parts 1, 2, and 3
- Podcast on Compassion
- Handout for this episode: GRACE
- Beautiful Dying Expo – November 2, 2019, San Diego CA
- Before I Die Arizona – October 29 – November 3, Scottsdale AZ
- Spirituality and Chronic Illness Course
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it)
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on Patreon.com/eolu, especially my new supporters Hilary G. and Debi Schauss, your contributions mean everything to me!